At The Heights, 25 acres are zoned for T1 and T3 housing. This represents a significant opportunity for a master developer to acquire and build 1,000 new housing units on Saint Paul’s Greater East Side.
- 12 acres dedicated to lower density residential
- 13 acres dedicated for high density residential
- Strong focus on affordable housing partnerships
- Mix of market rate, affordable, and deeply affordable housing options
- Ownership and rental opportunities
- Concepts for large families (4+ bedrooms)
- Significant sustainability investments to include energy efficient buildings, solar installations, EV car charging stations, etc.
- Culturally diverse development teams
- 5 acre park
- Stormwater features
- Neighborhood node
Building and Site Requirements for Multi-family Parcels
- Sustainability. The goal is to maximize rooftop solar and aspire to develop net zero buildings.
- District Stormwater. We anticipate buildings being connected to a district stormwater system.
- Public Art. Public art will be adjacent to public rights of way.
- EV Charging Stations. As electric car usage increases, it’s important to prepare for the future with a sufficient number of electric car charging stations. EV infrastructure and charging stations will be prioritized.
Master Plan and Community Priorities
- Rental Housing Mix. There is a need for both affordable and market-rate rentals. These should include options for families and seniors.
- Missing Middle. Affordable and market-rate housing options that fit between single-family homes and large apartment buildings are needed. These could include twin homes, townhomes, row homes, and options for larger families.
- T3 Residential. There should be a minimum of (4) unit types per building. Finish levels should be the same for market-rate and affordable options. Multi-generational and live/work housing options are encouraged.
- T1 Residential. There should be a minimum of (15) units per acre, including (2) missing middle options per block and a variety of facade treatments.
If you’re interested in being a master housing developer at The Heights, please complete the questions below. This information will help us determine how best to assist you.